Our School Aims
We believe that learning should take place in a happy, caring and stimulating environment in which staff, children, parents and the local community have important roles to play.
To this end we aim:
- to provide a happy, caring environment in which both children and adults feel secure and valued, where they will find satisfaction and pleasure in their work and where learning will flourish.
- to ensure continuity and progression within the curriculum and provide opportunities for children to develop an understanding of the world and their influence upon it.
- to enable children to develop lively, enquiring minds and the ability to question and discuss rationally and to apply themselves to realistic tasks and challenges.
- to encourage individuals to celebrate their own and others’ achievements and to develop a wider appreciation of human fulfilment and aspiration.
- to enable both children and staff to fulfil their potential and in so doing, acquire knowledge, skills, concepts and attitudes which will be relevant throughout their lives.
- to believe that we all have a part to play in shaping the future and that we are all valued respected and heard.
- to help children develop spiritually and morally, drawing inspiration from, and developing tolerance of, world religions, cultures and ways of life.
- to develop each individual as a caring, concerned and contributing member of the community