Welcome to Year 6
This year, Y6 will be taught by Mr Peoples.
You can find out further information about our curriculum on our website.
Our topic is ‘The Vile Victorians’. Our class novel is Bertie Doherty’s ‘Street Child’. We will learn about children’s lives, living conditions, the industrial revolution and significant artists including William Morris. Year 5 and 6 will also be visiting Beamish in September.
WW1 and WW2 will be the focus and we will be using ‘War Horse’ as our novel. A visit to the Green Howard’s museum will allow a taste of what it was like to live through WW1.
Year 6 have been on their outdoor and adventurous residential to Hadrian’s Wall. They have done us proud with their attitudes and effort in the SATs tests and are planning a spectacular leavers performance.
Links to our homework sites…
General learning support to explore…
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Reading books should be brought to school daily and we would be grateful if you could read with or to your child each evening.
- English homework: SPaG.com, spellings and Achieve 3000 (see links above).
- All English homework is set on Friday and neds to be completed and returned no later than Wednesday.
- Maths homeowork will be set at the end of each teaching unit with an agreed completion date.
- Please leave PE kits in school all week because hall times and PE timetabling is subject to change.
You can view the Year 6 letters on our website.