“To learn a language is to have one more window from which to look at the world.” – Chinese proverb
Our Subject leader for MFL (French) is Mrs Kett.
Please find our MFL Long Term Plan below:
Cultural Capital and French:
- Children will be taught and learn how to converse in French and understand the grammatical features of a different language.
- Children will learn which countries/regions have French as a native language (eg Switzerland, Belgium, le Québec in Canada).
- Children will learn about some traditional French celebrations and holidays – le Noël (Christmas), le Mardi Gras (Shrove Tuesday) & la Fête Nationale (Bastille Day).
- Children will sample typical French foods – les crêpes (pancakes), les croissants, les madeleines (small cakes).
- Children will learn some traditional French songs and games.
- Children will experience some traditional stories in French.