Welcome to our Children’s Leadership Team
Our School Aims
- To be an effective school, where children are encouraged to achieve their full potential and staff strive to provide a high quality education.
- To promote a happy and secure atmosphere based around the motto of Courtesy and Consideration in which all children and staff are valued and good relationships are fostered.
- To deliver a curriculum that is meaningful, broad and balanced.
Our Children’s Leadership Team will help to keep our school a happy place to be. They work closely with Miss Jones to help make decisions to better the school, look after our younger children and act as a good role models for all.
What is the Children’s Leadership Team?
The Children’s Leadership Team works to make improvements to the school and provide the very best for their peers. We host meetings every fortnight to discuss things that could be better and discuss what to do. Everyone offers their opinion and we get a balanced view from every year group. Children speak to their peers and provide feedback at these meetings also.
Who are the Children’s Leadership Team?
The school hosted a voting campaign last year which seen children elect themselves as candidates to represent their year group. The children submitted their applications and were appointed by the Governing body. We have a Children’s Champion which is the head of the team and our Year 6 representative. In EYFS this year we recruited two new members who were voted by their peers to represent Reception.
Our Children’s Leadership Team Views
‘If you ask us, we will make it happen!’
‘We promote Fishburn Primary School as we love it!’
‘Fishburn is a great school, we have lots of children from little ones to Year 6’s.’
‘We help people and really enjoy it!’
‘We want to make changes, we aim to keep improving learning, experiences and mental health of peers.’
Children’s Leadership Team Success
- Working to improve the community.
- Collaborative work with Fishburn Parish Council
- Planting trees for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- Planning and running a Times Table Rock Star Day to fund mindfulness in the school.
- Interviewing panels to support the Governors.
- Planning Easter egg hunts.
- Red Nose Day comedy competition.
- Hosting assemblies to promote the work and responsibilities of the council.
- Attending professional meetings with the Local Authority to discuss the school and improvement plans.
Miss. Jones will be running the Children’s Leadership Team this year.
Eva and Rio
Joshua and Zak
Oliver and Amelia
Oliver and Alyaa